High Street / Fisherrow, Musselburgh.
A short-lived pottery, from around 1880-1883, run by Andrew Craig, a master potter from Portobello.
It does not appear in any trade directories or maps.
It was erroneously believed that Esk pottery was part of the Newbigging pottery, which is now known to be incorrect, but little further research has been conducted.
Only one marked piece is known, a jug.
Almost certainly for the local market.
Articles in SPHR
Articles in Bulletin (Members only)
Esk Pottery, Musselburgh
Other Publications & Links
The Society wishes to thank Robin Jones & George Haggarty for their contributions to this overview.